The City is in need of motivated volunteers to help with our second annual Downey Ride and Stride. We need your support to help with so many facets of the event. If interested in volunteering please download the file below, complete it and resubmit it in the form below. You may also submit your interest form in person at the Parks and Recreation Office at 7850 Quill Dr. Downey, CA 90242. If you have any questions, please use the 'Contact Us' tab on this site to send us an email.
We are looking for volunteer in the following areas:
- Event Logistics: assist with directional event signage. Make sure all signs for shuttles, event entrances, etc. are set up prior to event and taken down afterwards, assists with traffic control, assists with pedestrian safety, set –up event equipment/supplies, organize supplies, clean-up trash, take down event equipment/supplies, and put up and take down decorations.
- Festivity Monitor: assists with the operation of carnival games at KidsLAvia, monitors large game plan along route, assist with arts and crafts stations and cheer stations.
- Hydration Station Host: needed to setup, maintain and distribute water along the route.
- Counter: will work with City staff to try to capture the amount of participants at the event.
- Surveyor: hopes of getting valuable feedback, we need help surveying patrons at the event about their experience. You will need to ask patrons a set of questions and record their responses.